This is a really easy dish, that makes crab meat really go far. It also works well with frozen crab if you can’t get it fresh.
- 400g linguine
- 4tbs virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli finely chopped or 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 1 large handful of chopped parsley
- White and brown crab meat (separated) from 2 large crabs
- Cook the linguine according to the pack instructions.
- While it’s cooking, gently heat the olive oil, chilli and garlic in a large pan (large enough to hold all the pasta)
- When the oil starts sizzling add the white wine and turn up the heat a wee bit, then cook until the wine and oil blend together. Remove from the heat and add the brown crab meat.
- Mix well
- When the pasta is cooked and still has a bit of bite (i.e. al dente), use tongs to add it to the crab sauce.
- Return to a low heat and mix well.
- Take it back off the heat again and add the white meat as well as the parsley.
- Stir well.
- If it feels too stodgy, sticky of claggy, add a little pasta water gradually and keep stirring until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper as you see fit, and maybe a squeeze of lemon juice if you think it needs a lift.
- Serve straight away in warmed bowls, drizzle with olive oil and possibly even some Parmesan, but you might want to taste it without crowding the flavour first.
You might want to alter the seasonings to suit your own taste.